Transgressions

And so I opened the door, and there standing watching me was an image of a little girl. This girl was pale and translucent. She was wearing what looked like to be a cotton dress. She stared at me, silently pointing to the stairwell down the apartment landing. Looking in that direction, I could not recognize what she was pointing to. Heck, I figured she was pointing in the plain air. I was going to ask her if she was lost but all in all she disappeared. I figured I was tired and must be imagining things, but it wasn't my imagination when my doorbell rang that loud it woke me up.

I sat back onto my couch. The television was displaying white noise, the station must went off the air perhaps. I clicked off the television and again in the screen was the same girl, pointing towards my door right there in the TV screen. I clicked the TV on again back to the white noise scrambling on the screen. I mustered enough bravery to click the TV off and nothing-- I must be seeing things.

I figured I would head up and into bed. It was really early in the morning-- roughly a quarter to two, and even though it was a weekend night, I usually don't stay awake past midnight. After using the restroom, I started to wash my hands.. spraying some water into my face. When I looked into the mirror, I noticed my tired eyes but a wave of coldness shot through my skin. In the mirror, at the window pane, the image of the girl pointing out my bathroom. I turned my head quickly to see if she was still there. Luckily, no. Nothing. Nothing but the window howling through the cracks. I peeped at the mirror, and there she was, just pointing at the bedroom.

Dec 3, 2014 @ 5:48 PM / 0 humans


« Older posts Newer posts»